Mark A. Boyle, Esquire
Insurance Recovery Attorney
Mark A. Boyle came to the firm in 1996 and has been the Managing Partner since 2008. Mr. Boyle concentrates his practice in all aspects and types of insurance recovery including coverage denials, claim presentation, bad faith matters, and appeals. The focus of Mr. Boyle's practice is the representation of business policyholders in large construction insurance disputes and catastrophic losses. Notably, Mr. Boyle has presented oral arguments in appellate cases before the Second District Court of Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, and the Florida Supreme Court.
Mr. Boyle was the prevailing attorney in the matter of United States Fire Insurance Company v. J.S.U.B., Inc., 979 So. 2d 871 (Fla. 2007). The J.S.U.B. decision allowed coverage for defective construction under a contractor's commercial general liability policy (CGL) for the first time in Florida history. Mr. Boyle handled the J.S.U.B. matter at the claims presentation stage, at trial, and through final appellate resolution in favor of the policyholder.
In June of 2012, Mark was recognized as a Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers Magazine, as well as a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Boyle has been married to Linda Boyle for twenty three years and they have two children.
ADMISSIONS TO PRACTICE
Pro hac vice admissions
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- The Florida Bar
- Appellate Practice Section
- Trial Lawyers Section
- Twentieth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- Lee County Bar Association
- Collier County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions
- Contract and Business Cases
- American Inns of Court – Calusa Chapter
- Boyle, Gentile, Leonard & Crockett, P.A., 1996-present
- Armor Insurance Company, Tampa, 1994-1996
- Pasco County Attorney’s Office, New Port Richey, 1993-1994
- Assistant County Attorney
Awards & Recognitions
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2012
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top Attorneys in Florida June 2012 The WSJ & Miami Magazine
- Insurance Coverage for Chinese Drywall at the HarrisMartin Chinese Drywall Litigation Conference, 2010
- Insurance Coverage for Chinese Drywall at the HarrisMartin Chinese Drywall Litigation Conference, 2009
- Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction at East Region MC2 Consultants, Inc., 2009
- Overview of Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction at the American Bar Association, Forum on the Construction Industry, 2009
- Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction at East Region MC2 Consultants, Inc., 2008
- Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction at Construction Basics part 2, 2008
- First Annual Insurance Coverage for Defective Construction at East Region MC2 Consultants, Inc., 2007
- Construction Defect Insurance Coverage for MC2 Consultants Inc., East Region Course Materials, 2010
With offices in Fort Myers and Tampa, Boyle, Gentile, Leonard & Crockett, P.A. is an insurance litigation law firm that serves clients across the state and nationwide.